1. ABNEGATION (NOUN): renunciation of your own interests
Synonyms: rejection, abandonment Antonyms: allowance, approval
My abnegation of cold drink is due to the objection of my head.
2. ACCOST (VERB): to approach and speak to, especially in an unfriendly way
Synonyms: swindle, dupe Antonyms: help, protect
She was accosted in the street by four men with guns.
3. AGGRANDIZE (VERB): exaggerate
Synonyms: advance, promote Antonyms: abridge, curtail
He would go on and on, showing off, aggrandizing himself.
4. ALACRITY (NOUN): eagerness
Synonyms: enthusiasm, willingness Antonyms: reluctance, apathy
Having studied really hard last night, Gulafsha took the exam with alacrity.
5. AMBIVALENT (ADJECTIVE): uncertain or unable to decide about what course to follow
Synonyms: conflicting, undecided Antonyms: clear, decided
She maintained an ambivalent attitude to religion throughout her life.
6. AMENABLE (ADJECTIVE): disposed or willing to comply
Synonyms: receptive, open Antonyms: inflexible, recalcitrant
I've never had a long-term relationship because I'm not amenable enough.
7. AMORPHOUS (ADJECTIVE): having no definite form or distinct shape
Synonyms: shapeless, vague Antonyms: shaped, structured
A dark, amorphous shadow filled the room.
8. APOCRYPHAL (ADJECTIVE): being of questionable authenticity
Synonyms: unauthenticated, uncanonical Antonyms: true, authentic
It may be an apocryphal story.
9. ARDENT (ADJECTIVE): enthusiastic
Synonyms: keen, eager Antonyms: indifferent, lukewarm
An ardent man can chase his goal.
10. AROMATIC (ADJECTIVE): Having an aroma
Synonyms: fragrant, perfumed Antonyms: stinking, smelly
Shereen has many plants in her garden with aromatic leaves.
DOWNLOAD | PDF
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: THE HINDU VOCABULARY | 04.05.2017 | IMPORTANT FOR SBI PO