1. A person can row 750 metres against the stream in 11 ¼ minutes and returns in 7 ½ minutes. The speed of the person in in still water is :
a) 2 km/hr b)3 km/hr c)4km/hr d) 5 km/hr e) None
2. If a man rows at the rate of 6 kmph in still water and his rate aginst the current is 4.5 kmph, then the man’s rate along the current is
a) 6 kmph b)7.5 kmph c) 6.5kmph d) 8 kmph e) None
3. A boat moves upstream at the rate of 1 km in 20 minutes and down stream 1 km in 12 minutes. The
speed of the current is :
a) 1 kmph b)2 kmph c)3 kmph d)2.5 kmph e) None
4. A man can row a boat at 10 kmph in still water and the speed of the stream is 8 kmph. What is the
time taken to row a distance of 90 km down the stream ?
a) 8hrs b)5 hrs c) 15 hrs d) 20 hrs e) None
5. If athul rows 16 km upstream and 24 km down steam taking 4 hours each, then the speed of the stream
a) 1 kmph b)2 kmph c)1.5 kmph d)12 kmph e) None
6. The Price of 357 apples is Rs.2499. What will be the price of 49 dozens of such apples?
a) Rs.3800 b) Rs.2816 c)Rs.4116 d) Rs.3116 e) None
7. Some ladies can do a piece of work in 12 days. Two times the number of such ladies will do half of that work in :
a) 6 days b) 4 days c)12 days d) 3 days e) None
8. A piece of work can finish by a certain number of men in 100 days. If however, there were 10 men less, it would take 10 days more for the work to be finished. How many men were there originally?
a)75 b)82 c)100 d)110 e) None
9. It takes 10 days for digging a trench of 100 m long, 50 m broad and 10 m deep. What length of trench, 25 m broad and 15 m deep can be dug in 30 days ?
a) 400 m b) 200 m c) 100 m d) 89m e) None
10. A wheel rotates 10 times every minute and moves 20 cm during each rotation. How many metres does the wheel move in one hour?
a) 6 metre b)12 metre c) 120 metre d) 1200 metre e) None