Directions (Q. 1 - 7): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions. A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are eight members of a family. They belong to three different generations. There are three married couples. All of them are sitting around a circular table, facing the centre but not necessarily in the same order.
• D and F are a married couple. D, the wife of F, sits second to the left of her husband.
• C and A are offspring of D. A is not an immediate neighbour of his mother.
• There is only one person sitting between C and his niece G, but that person is not G’s father.
• E, a bachelor, sits third to the right of his uncle A, but neither to the opposite nor to the immediate left of his father.
• G is not an immediate neighbour of her aunt B. No three females are sitting together.
• C and his sister-in-law are immediate neighbour.
1. Who among the following is G’s father?
1) F 2) A 3) H 4) B 5) Can’t be determined
2. How many females are there in the family?
1) Two 2) Three 3) Five 4) Can’t be determined 5) None of these
3. What is the position of D with respect to her grand-daughter?
1) Second to the left
2) Fourth to the right
3) Third to the right
4) Fourth to the left
5) Immediate left
4. Who among the following is the aunt of E?
1) B 2) D 3) G 4) H 5) Can’t be determined
5. Which of the following represents a group of male members of the family?
1) EB 2) FG 3) CG 4) FA 5) Can’t be determined
6. Who among the following is sitting opposite his wife?
1) F 2) C 3) A 4) E 5) None of these
7. Starting from A, if all of them are made to sit in alphabetical order in clockwise direction, the position of how many members will remain unchanged? (excluding A)
1) One 2) Two 3) Three 4) Four 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 8 - 10): Study the following information carefully to answer the given
There are six friends P, Q, R, S, T and V. Each of them has a different weight. S weighs more than only P and R. Q weighs less than only T. P does not weigh the least. The one who stands at the second place when arranged in descending order of their weight weighs 85 kg. R weighs 55 kg.
8. If V’s weight is 8 kg less than Q then which of the following could be S’s weight?
1) 83 kg 2) 75 kg 3) 80 kg 4) 50 kg 5) 84 kg
9. Which of the following is false with respect to the given information?
1) T weighs the most.
2) V’s possible weight could be 77 kg.
3) There are three persons between R and Q when arranged in ascending order of their weights.
4) At the most three people weigh less than V only
5) All are true
10. Which of the following could be P’s possible weight?
1) 65 kg 2) 50 kg 3) 88 kg 4) 85 kg 5) 93 kg
2. 5; D, B, H and G. There are four females.
3. 3; G is the granddaughter of D.
Hence, D is third to the right.
6. 2; C is opposite his wife B.
8. 2; V’s weight = 85 – 8 = 77 kg
So, possible weight of S will be 75 kg.
Because S lies between V and R.