1. Satish invests Rs. 35,500 in a scheme which earns him simple interest at the rate of 15 p.c. p.a. for two years. At the end of two years he reinvests the principal amount plus interest earned in another scheme which earns him compound interest at the rate of 20 p.c. p.a. What will be the total interest earned by Satish over the principal amount at the end of 5 years?
a) Rs. 30,956.80 b) Rs. 35,017.20 c) Rs. 43,597.80 d) Rs. 44,247.20 e) None of these
2. A basket contains 6 red, 5 green and 8 blue balls. If four balls are picked at random, what is the probability that all four of them are either red or any two out of the four are green?
a) 5/1292 b) 925/3876 c) 359/1938 d) 11/3876 e) None of these
3. 12 men can complete a piece of work in 36 days. 18 women can complete the same piece of work in 60 days. 8 men and 20 women work together for 20 days. If only women were to complete the remaining piece of work in 4 days, how many women would be required?
a) 70 b) 28 c) 66 d) 40 e) None of these
4. The number obtained by interchanging the two digits of a two digit number is less than the original number by 27. If the difference between the two digits of the number is 3, what is the original number?
a) 74 b) 63 c) 85 d) Cannot be determined e) None of these
5. A train running at the speed of 20 metres/second crosses a pole in 24 seconds less than the time it requires to cross a platform thrice its length at the same speed. What is the length of the train?
a) 270 metres b) 340 metres c) 180 metres d) Cannot be determined e) None of these
6. What would be the cost of building a 7 metres wide garden around a circular field with diameter equal to 280 metres if the cost per sq. metre for building the garden is Rs.21?
a) Rs.1,56,242 b) Rs.2,48,521 c) Rs.1,11,624 d) Rs.2,06,118 e) Rs.1,32,594
7. The simple interest account on an amount of Rs.14,800 at the end of three years is Rs.6,216. What would be the compound interest accrued on the same amount at the same rate in the same period?
a) Rs. 6986.1142 b) Rs. 7042.2014 c) Rs. 7126.8512 d) Rs. 8312.4166 e) None of these
8. In how many different ways can the letters of the word "PADDLED" be arranged?
a) 910 b) 2520 c) 5040 d) 840 e) None of these
9. Vipul decided to donate 5% of his salary. On the day of donation he changed his mind and donated Rs. 1687.50 which was 75% of what he had decided earlier. How much is Vipul's salary?
a) Rs.37,500 b) Rs.45,000 c) Rs.33,750 d) Cannot be determined e) None of these
10. 9 children can complete a piece of work in 360 days. 18 men can complete the same piece of work in 72 days and 12 women can complete the piece of work in 162 days. In how many days can 4 men, 12 women and 10 children together complete the piece of work?
a) 124 b) 81 c) 68 d) 96 e) None of these
1) d 2) b 3) a 4) d 5) e 6) e 7) c 8) d 9) b 10) b