1. IMPASSE (NOUN): Dead lock
Synonyms: stalemate, gridlock
Antonyms: solution, boon
At present there is an impasse in the talks between India and Pakistan.
2. IGNOBLE (ADJECTIVE): Lowly
Synonyms: abject, unworthy Antonyms: dignified, grand
Rahman’s ignoble motives were exposed by his wicked actions.
3. IMBROGLIO (NOUN): Complicated situation
Synonyms: brouhaha, entanglement Antonyms: simplicity, harmony
Why are you involving in this imbroglio?
4. IMBUE (VERB): Fill with
Synonyms: infuse, saturate Antonyms: take out, drain
It is a pity that our political leaders are not imbued with the spirit of nationalism.
5. INEPT (ADJECTIVE): Incompetent
Synonyms: clumsy, unskilled Antonyms: able, dexterous
Inept handling of the foreign policy by the Congress party has created many complicated situations for the country.
6. INSULAR (ADJECTIVE): Narrow minded
Synonyms: parochial, bigoted Antonyms: board-minded, unbiased
Fanatics have insular views about men and matter.
7. IMPERVIOUS (ADJECTIVE): Unaffected
Synonyms: unmoved, immune Antonyms: affected, moved
He never listens to his parents and is always impervious to their advice.
8. INSCRUTABLE (ADJECTIVE): Incomprehensible
Synonyms: hidden, mysterious Antonyms: plain, obvious
The laws of nature are inscrutable.
9. INAPT (ADJECTIVE): Unsuitable
Synonyms: incompetent, unfit Antonyms: competent, suitable
The remarks she made at the party annoyed many because they were inapt.
10. IMBIBE (VERB): To receive and absorb into the mind
Synonyms: absorb, ingest Antonyms: abstain, fast
Every Indian must imbibe the spirit of nationalism.